Thursday, October 17, 2013

Garden Time Joys

Today we were able to help out an older sister in the ward with her yard today for a couple hours. One of the things she has been working on is the landscaping in her front lawn because recently the tree she loved dearly was cut down since it died when it was struck by lightning. Because of the newly created stump in her yard and her now open concept lawn, she has been up in the mornings with a couple of her friends in order help bring life back into the landscape. So we went over there prepped, ready to work, and excited for what would be in store. As she slowly directed our efforts, leveling a planters box here, taking out some grass there, the landscape was transforming around us by our efforts. We never once got discouraged or had "Oh this is going to take forever!" come to mind, but were happily in her service for the short time we were able to be there. As a scripture in the Book of Mormon states, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17) I am always so happy when I willingly serve the people around me, though usually when I do the same work for myself, such as taking care of my lawn back home, I am rarely in the same gleeful mood. I know that God blesses us with those good feelings of joy and happiness as we serve, because I have experienced it time and time again. My question is, as always: How have you seen God's Hand in your life this day?"


No comments:

Post a Comment