Friday, October 18, 2013

Scripture Power

     As we were out and about, we decided to go and check up on a family in the ward before one of our meetings later that day. We proceeded to talk with the father of the family, but the discussion slowly became more and more heated, and we could feel of God's presence getting farther and farther away. Jesus says in 3 Nephi 11:29, "he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another."  This is what happened with us as we were trying to teach him, but we were really just arguing our points with each other. When we left for our meeting, we all noticed that we needed to improve and teach with love the next time we returned.
     I was studying the scriptures this morning and I found a passage of scripture to share with this father that could help him understand the points we were arguing last night.  I wish to share this with him not to prove a point, but to help him and to invite him to come unto Christ, which is my purpose as a missionary--to help and invite everyone to come unto Christ.  Through my studies today, I understand better how God is helping me to lovingly show and teach my brother.
     I saw God's Hand in my life today as I was reading His holy scriptures because He helps guide us to the answers we seek.  So how has reading the scriptures brought you closer to God this day?


No comments:

Post a Comment