Monday, October 14, 2013

Have you seen Gods' hand in your life?



"Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch me today?" -President Henry B. Eyring
This is the idea behind my blog and what I will be posting from here on out.  Have I seen God's hand in my life this day?  Why yes, yes I have.  Last night we had the opportunity to visit the Washington DC Temple Visitor Center to be able and listen to "A Night of Music and Inspiration."  But sadly to our dismay it was all in Spanish this month and they had run out of headphones to translate into English.  So our group went into this room centered on God's plan and role for families here on this Earth.  It goes through the stages of life like that of a child being born, and the death of a loved one.  As we progressed through the roughly 10 minute film, it reminded me of where I wanted my focus to be in this life so that I can be with my family forever after this life.  So, my question to you is, what would you sacrifice so that you can live with your family forever?

As to give a little back ground on who I am.  My name is Elder Wesley Cannon and I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints serving currently in the Washington DC North Mission while waiting on a visa to serve in the Brazil Curitiba mission.  Also, I am trying to learn Portuguese as a second language so that I will be able to speak with the wonderful people of Brazil by the time I get down there. If anyone has any questions they are wanting to ask me, please feel free to message me or to comment on one of my posts, and I'll do what I can to answer you.  If you have anything in particular that you would like me to cover in a blog post, let me know and I'll be happy to talk about it.
-Elder Wesley Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment