Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Duct Tape Flowers

     Whether good or bad, at this point I know not, but my awesome companion bought 17 rolls of Duct Tape on Preparation Day for me to help teach him all that I know about duct tape crafts.  As to how this all came about, I'll point my finger to the fact that I have loved making things out of duct tape for years, mostly just to see the smile my simple little crafts bring to people's faces.  These duct tape creations are nothing major by any means, but yet they still manage to touch all that come into contact with them.  As for my companion, I have now taught him how to make flowers because they were a fairly simple thing to start with.  After making a couple, the first thought that came to his head, with no prompting on our part, was to make a little bouquet to send to his mom so that she could enjoy the simple beauty of these little crafts.
     Now, is 17 rolls a bit excessive?  Perhaps, but if we continue to use our creations to bring joy to others, our small acts of service will be worth it.  As it says in Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."  I know that as we continually strive to help brighten someone's day, by whatever means we may posses, we can help lift other's burdens and we ourselves will be much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment